Adelaide TV Reception
What is the TV reception like in Adelaide? Where are the good areas and where are the bad areas? TV Magic inform you about the overall TV reception of Adelaide and all its suburbs.
First of all, the CROWS are the best! South Australians are underated and so is our TV Reception! The TV reception in Adelaide is actually some of the strongest and most reliable TV signals that you can get. I've installed TV antennas all over Australia and well to be honest the good part about most of Adelaide is that - it's easy to get picture perfect TV channels. This is because Adelaide has nearly perfect line of sight with the TV transmitters up on Mt Lofty; just about anywhere you go...
There are of course some parts of Adelaide that have less than perfect TV reception
It just wouldn't be normal if you went to a city and you didn't see a TV antenna roosted up high to get a strong signal. TV signals works pretty much in the same manner as your Radio reception. If there is a building or hill in the way of Mt Lofty and your home/building - this can effect your TV reception.
Some of the immediate areas that have parts of 'worse than normal' TV reception zones include but are not limited to:
- Happy Valley
- Mawson Lakes
- Tea Tree Gully
- Aberfoyle Park
- Hallett Cove
Now these suburbs just have areas that have 'pockets' of bad TV reception zones (where a higher TV antenna is required). These suburbs do not necessarily qualify as a bad ''TV reception suburb'' all together. That's not what I am saying! They just have some familiar 'bad TV reception pockets' and so do many other suburbs. When a higher TV antenna is needed this sometimes can set people back about the cost and unsightly use of a high erected TV antenna mast atop of their roof. You should always consult a professional such as TV MAGIC becomes at time this can be avoided. This is usually avoided by using the correct antenna or a high Gain antennathat out-peforms all other TV antennas. Another popular option (not always the best option) is the use of a Masthead amplifier.
Adelaide - Good and Bad Areas
Not all suburbs have bad pockets of TV reception & not all suburbs have good pockets of TV reception. Adelaide as an overall generality is a very strong TV reception city. There is direct line of sight with over 70% of the suburbs, streets and zones that receive their TV signals from Mt Lofty. For the remaining 30% the TV reception varies from Strong to Medium - Medium to Weak. The line of sight in Strong to Medium areas may be only slightly obscured by trees, houses or hills whilst medium to weak may actually require a higher TV antenna mast. TV Magic are experts in High TV antenna installations and black spot TV reception zones. Call 1800 TV MAGIC for your local Adelaide TV reception expert.
ADELAIDE TV RECEPTION TRANSMITTERS
There are two primary TV transmitters in Adelaide that broadcast digital Free to Air television to the Adelaide public. Over 91% of Adelaide receives their TV signals from Mt Lofty. The remaining receive free to air digital television from the Brighton Jetty Transmitter, Transmitter in Wynn Vale or the City Repeater. The Brighton Jetty repeater is primarily for residents in hilly areas of Hallett Cove and Marino. The Wynn Vale transmitter is for some hilly areas in Craigmore. The City transmitter is for hilly areas in Athelstone.
If you are unlucky enough to have to rely upon the Brighton jetty TV transmitters than you most definately should employ the services of some experts. Your TV antenna will have to be what's known as a UHF antenna; these are a different style of TV antenna to the ones that the rest of Adelaide will be using. You also are more likely to require a booster (especially if you have over 4 TV points or more). Once again, not a problem - Adelaide have got you covered. There is also a government scheme called Vast TV which pretty much guarantees you perfect TV reception even if you live in the Simpson Desert or a black hole. This works via a satellite dish installation (existing satellite dish may be used) and a Government registered VAST BOX. Call 1800 TV MAGIC for more information. Vast is also widespread amongst travellers and caravanners. With the use of a portable satellite dish and a VAST BOX you can watch TV in the desert and rely upon it 100% no matter where you settle.
Well that's it! And I hope you have a better understanding of the TV reception in Adelaide! Receiving crystal clear TV channels is something you're entitled to. If you are experiencing missing TV channels, pixelation, freezing, picture drop out or no signal error messages this could come down to your TV reception or your TV tuning. Your TV reception is only as good as the weakest part in your Antenna system.
TV Magic are TV reception experts
Call 1800 TV MAGIC (1800 88 6244) for your local TV antenna installer