VHS to DVD Conversion - How TO
How to convert your old VCR tapes to DVD or USB
This is a fairly straight forward process for someone who knows what their doing.
- Piggy back you vcr into the back/front of dvd recorder using AV leads (yellow, red & white)
- Prepare your blank disk on the dvd recorder so that it is ready to record
- Prepare your video tape - make sure it is rewound and at the point you want it to start
- Press play on your vcr to start the video tape and simultaneously press record on the dvd recorder
- Let the equipment do it's job - it will take the length of your video tape to do the conversion so if the tape is 2 hours long it will take 2 hours (unless you have equipment that does faster conversions)
- To keep it simple this is it, give it a go and you'll get better with practice. Other considerations are that blank dvd disks generally only fit 2 hours. So if your tape is 3 -6 hours. You will need to change the record speed setting (often done with the 'rec mode' button). This tells the dvd recorder to fit 4 hours of recordings or 6 hours or 8. Also when you get better, you can edit out ads, or bits you don't want, fit more than the one tape onto a disk, finalise blank disk conversion so that the blank disk is compatible with any dvd player (this is quite important).
Isn't there an easier way to convert VHS to DVD?
Yes! And once again do this before it's too late! When you can no longer get another vcr player!
What you need:
- Vcr recorder/player
- Your computer / lap top
- 1x usb video capture device also knows as a media copy or vhs dvd converter
- It can still be converted /burnt to a dvd disk from your computer
- It is more secure as blank disks are phasing out! Dvd disks can get scratched or damaged losing your cherished vhs material
- You have back up, and unless your computer crashes - recovering a computer hard drive is a easy process for a computer guy where as if your dvd recorder breaks down you can potentially lose it all
- You can make multiple copies - forward files to friends over the internet
- Even put the conversion from your computer to a usb dongle to share with your friends or give them copies!
- All new televisions have the ability to play usb! So you just plug in your usb dongle and play your vhs copy!
- The whole process is just alot easier than the vhs to dvd conversion method.
So how long would it take to convert 100 x vhs tapes to dvd?
Quite a long time! - Most people give up after about 2 or 3, or after a few failures where the dvd disk become corrupted or didn't burn properly.
Convert your VHS Tapes to DVD/USB from as little as $15 per tape!
- Quck Turnaround
- Australia Wide Service - send your tapes in, we send originals + dvd's plus usb movies back to you!
- QUALITY Guarantee! - We have VCR Players that will play your scratchy, worn and old vhs tapes at their best quality so that the recorded conversion comes out as clear as possible!
- We have multiple machines to turn 100x tapes into DVD within a matter of days - This task would take one maching close to a whole year to do!
- VHS to DVD Conversion Service - Australia WIDE
- Australia Wide service - DVD to USB - Back up all your VCR TAPES now!
All your vcr tapes - 100 X VCR Tapes, your whole loungeroom cabinet full of vhs tapes could be put on one little USB Stick or memory card Yep! That's right, imagine that! You could play your wedding, favourite tv recordings and video recordings at the the click of a mouse or quick press of your remote control. Restore the quality of your vhs tapes and prevent the quality from fading before it's too late!