Is My TV repairable or worth fixing?
To put it bluntly: NO! It's not what people want to hear, but 99% of the time the answer is: Absolutely no!
- There are too many reasons to list in one article as to why a TV is not worth fixing but I'll give you one. A typical TV repair warranty is only 3 months - they do not want you to know there is a 90% chance it will play up again
- 90% of repairs play up again Why do you think most manufacturer's warranty repair ends up as a brand new unit replacement?
- This equals = money $$$$ WASTED!! DOWN THE DRAIN!!
- You will be surprised at how cheap a new one is!
- It's always cheaper to buy a new one, even in the long term
- If it's out of warranty, DO NOT GET IT FIXED! (some very UN-COMMON exceptions)
- Repair businesses are going out of business everywhere
- In 2004, our company looked into tv repair service and we were advised that it was a dying trend & bad business - BACK THEN!!
- The reasons why your tv or A.V equipment is not worth fixing in Australia is because the labour repair costs equate to 90% of the cost of brand new equipment and you are guaranteed for a minimum of 12 months with new purchases - where as a repair you are only guaranteed for three and most of the time it's what's called a band-aid fix.
- NOW, if you didn't have our recommendation, which one makes the most sense?
- New technology (not all) is actually better than what you're attached to and wanting to repair (we believe and know dvd recording was a step BACKWARDS in technology) but there may be many, many options you are not aware of that could be an alternative to wasting your money
A throw away World
When you should call us for TV repair
- Your remote stops working - your tv or device doesn't respond to the remote anymore
- You get clicking noises, pixelation, blank screens, or no picture at all
- You get picture but no sound
- You get sound but no picture
- You get a 'Zap' from anything, anywhere! IMPORTANT!
- You have damaged inputs on your televison
- You only get half a picture, a fuzzy picture or NO SIGNAL error messages
- Your screen is BLUEish
- Your screen is PINKish
- Your screen is GREENish
- You get picture or sound from one device but not from another
Any of these symptons may or may not be worth fixing but are definately worth the phone call to us to check. We may be able to fix one of the above problems for less than $120. Anything over $120-$150 and your TV is NOT WORTH FIXING.